Become a member of Sorghum ID!
Founded less than two years ago, in September 2017, the young European inter-branch sorghum organization currently has 30 members. These members are European organizations, national organizations and companies that represent all the links in the sorghum value chain, from seeds to the consuming industry.
Sorghum ID was created with the aim of developing the European production of sorghum (grain – silage – energy) and its hybrid genetics.
Sorghum ID is developing an action plan along these lines:
- represent and defend the interests of sorghum in European and national bodies; in coherence with the other large vegetal productions;
- carry out promotional activities demonstrating the technical and economic assets of sorghum production;
- promote the potential uses and markets for sorghum for both food (food and feed) and non-food purposes;
- federate and mobilize all the actors of the sector to build and give momentum to actions over time.
The Board of Sorghum ID consists of:
- a President: Daniel PEYRAUBE, farmer producing sorghum and maize in southwestern France;
- 2 Vice-Presidents: Christophe ROUILLARD from the European Seed Association (ESA) and Arnaud BOUXIN, representative of FEFAC (European Feed Manufacturers’ Federation);
- a Treasurer, Pierre PAGES, farmer and president of the National Federation of Maize and Sorghum Seeds Production (FNPSMS)
- a Secretary, Alina CRETU, director of the Romanian Association of Maize and Sorghum Producers (APPR).
If you want to participate in the development of sorghum in Europe and become involved, we invite you to become a member of Sorghum ID and to make your contribution to the movement. Do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form on www.sorghum-id.com/en/contact/